Helping Colonial Life employees balance their work and personal lives across all stages of life is an important part of the company’s commitment to support the ever-changing worlds of our clients and their employees when the unexpected happens.
Research conducted by Unum found caregiving responsibilities can take emotional, physical and financial tolls on the caregiver and result in lower productivity and engagement at work.
Caregivers face many challenges balancing personal and professional responsibilities, and to provide additional support to its employee caregivers, Colonial Life recently introduced a new suite of family care services, including emergency and back-up care options.
Back-up child, adult and elder care
When regular care is unavailable, Colonial Life employees can now access temporary center-based childcare through a nationwide network of high-quality, licensed centers or in-home child, adult or elder care through partnerships with 650 in-home care agencies that employ a total of nearly 200,000 experienced caregivers.
For a small copay, employees can use up to 10 days of back-up care per calendar year. It can be used whenever an employee needs to be at work, but a family member or child needs assistance or support and regular care is unavailable. For example, when:
- Their regular daycare center is closed during school vacation week
- They’re working remotely as part of a flex schedule when a family member or child’s regular in-home care provider is unavailable
Career and personal support for all stages of life
Colonial Life employees also have access to discounts on a variety of other services that offer support for them and their family, no matter where they are in their life and career. These include:
- Free premium access to Sittercity for finding pet care providers, babysitters and housekeepers
- Tutoring, STEM programs, summer camps, small-group classes for school-age children and college preparation
- Exclusive elder caregiving resources
- Guidance and well-being resources that offer advice on topics from time management and resilience to parenting and career progression.
In addition to back-up and family care services, Colonial Life offers a wide variety of benefits and work perks to support its employees’ financial, emotional and physical wellbeing. If you’re interested in joining the Colonial Life team, visit the company’s Careers page.